Foster Design Build LLC is currently accepting resume's for the position of FDB Construction Management Internship. The FDB Construction Management Internship provides relevant field and office experience for junior or senior-level construction management and Engineering students. Starting dates will be discussed to complement the student's academic schedule.
Foster Design Build interns have opportunities to gain relevant field experience in the following areas:
- Managing minor construction and maintenance projects
- Assisting/observing management of major residential construction projects such as single family home construction
- Monitoring contractors and subcontractors during the construction cycle under the supervision of the assigned project manager
- Estimating and bidding assistance
- Life-safety inspection and PPE compliance on residential projects
- Assistance in scheduling of construction resources and coordination of trades
In general, construction interns assist the Project Management Team with introductory engineering tasks, compiling data, preparing specifications and plans, and various other duties as necessary. Specific assignments and project work varies on specific projects and location. General information about our construction work is provided below:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or other related field from accredited program.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- At a minimum the intern must be able to meet the necessary physical requirements of the internship which include :
- climb ladders
- walk on uneven surface
- carry 25 pounds for 50 feet
- Must have own means of transportation
Expected Typical Hours:
- 40 hours per week (80% in the field at the jobsite(s), 20% in the office)
- Light class schedules will be accommodated
This Internship is a 'Non-Paid Position'. However FDB will reimburse the candidate with a car allowance and/or travel expenses.
For immediate consideration please e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
No phone calls please.